Isaac just turned 5 and needed to have his shot before going to Kindergarten. Before we arrived the doctor office, we had the agreement that if he was willing to go into the doctor office, I will give him a quarter for his piggy bank. If he was not crying after his shot, then he would have a candy. Isaac agreed.
It was no problem for him to go to the doctor office, so he earned the quarter. Then he weighted and measured the height. No problem! Then the doctor asked a few questions about the development. No problem! Then the doctor was ready for the shot. Where was Isaac? He stuck to the door. His face was on the door and started to cry. Oh No!!!! Then I grabbed his body and used all my strength to hold him for the doctor. He cried and cried and cried. Then he said, "I don't believe it, I don't believe it......It's so hurt...."
It took a few minutes for him to settle down himself. He also got a sticker from the nurse. When we got back to the van, he said he could not climb up because his hand had a shot. Of course! He got the candy anyway. When I turned on the music, it was the Christian music. He calm down a lot.
At night, after I prayed for him, Isaac prayed for himself. He said, "Our heavenly father, thank you for the Christian music. When I got hurt, I listened to the music and it would calm me down. In Jesus' name, Amen." Then he went to bed peacefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment